Expert-Led COVID-19 Training and Certification
Built for CNAs, Home Care Workers, Family Caregivers, RNs, PTs, OTs, and other healthcare professionals. It's the best way for nursing homes, assisted living, and HCBS to get their workforce COVID-Ready.
COVID-19 Expert | Dr. Vin Gupta
Coronavirus expert Dr. Vin Gupta, a pulmonary and intensive care physician who is a medical faculty member affiliated with the University of Washington, and a medical contributor to NBC News, brings you the latest from the front lines of care and provides clear, trustworthy advice for caregivers.
State-Approved CNA Training | Melissa Mills, RN, BSN, MHA
Melissa Mills leads clinical operations for NextStep's state-approved CNA course and is an experienced long-term care nursing leader. She'll share practical tips and best practices to keep you safe!
Master Mindfulness Teacher | Lynn Morrison, MA, CHT
Lynn Morrison is a master teacher in mindfulness-based practices and a mindfulness-based psychotherapist. She will share ways to reduce anxiety and stress during these difficult times.
National COVID-Ready Caregiver Certification
Course Content (Latest Update June 2, 2020)
- What do social distancing, quarantining, and shelter in place mean? (3:59)
- Essential PPE + Hand Hygiene Advice During COVID-19 Pandemic (3:42)
- Job Aid: PPE + Hand Hygiene
- When should those receiving care wear a face mask? (1:58)
- Hygiene Tips For Those You Are Caring For (2:12)
- What if I don't have masks? (1:34)
- Job Aid: DIY Cloth Face Covering from CDC
- What if I don't have gloves, goggles, gowns? (1:45)
- Don't Bring Coronavirus (COVID-19) Home: What should I do after my shift? (1:30)
- Common Mistakes In Using PPE (2:25)
- How do I clean my hands? (7:26)
- What are Transmission-Based Precautions? (9:05)
- What are Standard Precautions? (4:52)
- Job Aid: Sequence To Put On / Take Off PPE
- How do I put on / take off gloves? (3:16)
- How do I put on / take off masks and goggles? (5:35)
- How do I put on / take off gowns? (4:37)
- How do I take an oral temperature? (5:37)
- Who is most at risk for getting or dying from the coronavirus (COVID-19)? (2:16)
- How to Protect Elderly and People At Risk (4:13)
- How should I change bathing, toileting, cooking, feeding practices? (2:01)
- How should I change laundry practices? (1:06)
- Should I get stocked up on extra food and medications? (0:48)
❤️ Words of Encouragement from Fellow Caregivers 💪
Follow us on social media to stay up to date
NextStep is a state-approved CNA and long-term care worker Continuing Education (CE) provider. The online National COVID-Ready Caregiver Certification meets state requirements for 3 CNA CEU in 47 states including Florida, 3 long-term care worker CEU in Washington state, and for 3 Homecare and Personal Support Worker CEU toward Professional Development Certification safety or renewal as approved by the Oregon Home Care Commission.